“Can you take me out of that distribution list?”, “The wrong person approved my request again”, “I just put those messages into the trash bin”, “Why am I getting these messages?” – Do those complaints sound familiar? How well are you managing communication in your organization?
Communication is vital for every organization. Getting information on time and in an efficient manner saves companies a significant amount of money. However, communicating effectively is difficult to accomplish unless you are using the right tool. Have you heard about xMatters (formerly AlarmPoint Systems)?
For those who haven’t heard of it, xMatters is a communication platform that targets notifications directly to the right people on the right device.
You may think xMatters is better than a telephone or a messaging system. You may know there are over 150 out of the box integrations available or that once a message, email or text is received, xMatters updates the system that initiated it. But besides improving your communication, do you really know what value it provides?
Taking communication to another level
xMatters goes beyond the features of any other communication platform in the market allowing you to do things such as:
- Manage an issue remotely from your mobile device. For instance if you have a system outage and your system is tied to xMatters, you can manage the issue right then and there. It’s not necessary to login to another device, call up the issue, analyze it, and then resolve it.
- Set up messages with a conference bridge. When you need a group of people for an emergency conference call, you can set up a message with a conference bridge. Upon acceptance of the notification, you immediately enter the conference call. This saves time in creating emails, setting up conference rooms, and coordinating schedules.
- Throw away the spreadsheets. The scheduling features within xMatters are far advanced compared to any other scheduling tool that I’ve ever seen.
- You can specify what devices you want to be notified on, depending on the time of day and day of the week.
- The groups feature allows you to configure a rotating schedule. For instance, on the 1stweek of the month you may be the 1st person contacted, and on the 2nd week of the month the last person, and so on. The scheduling features are very advanced and flexible allowing you to configure the day of the week, the time of day, the rotation and the people.
- Set up weekend and week day rotations. You can stop the manual process of looking up who to call, finding a number or creating an email. xMatters does it automatically.
The real Value
Value is more than dollars and cents; it’s also benefit and usefulness. With a communication platform like the one described above, your organization can solve many problems like interruptions, missed messages and approval delays.
The xMatters real value is found in the following benefits:
- Targeted communication – Make sure the right person approves your request, the issue gets to the right person, and your message is received in a timely manner.
- Efficiency and cost savings – This tool can and does save all types of business time and money.
- Versatility – Tailor notifications as you need them no matter how big or small your business is.
- Faster repair times – Repair can begin on your mobile device.
If you are trying to figure out whether to invest or not in a communication platform, I am convinced that you should check xMatters out. Cool tool, right? Let me know what you think.